GALESBURG — More than a dozen businesses and organizations from the health care industry will be on hand to meet with job seekers at the Carl Sandburg College Health Professions Career Expo from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. March 5 in John M. Lewis Gymnasium on Sandburg’s Main Campus in Galesburg, 2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
The Health Professions Career Expo is free and open to the public. Job seekers will have the
opportunity to network with businesses and organizations from the region, explore career fields and learn about Sandburg’s programs of study. For more information, including an updated list of participating organizations, visit www.sandburg.edu/careerexpo.
Because of COVID-19, masks will be required for all attendees and social distancing will be strictly enforced. Attendees also will be required to complete a brief health survey upon arrival.
The following organizations are scheduled to participate in the Health Professions Career Expo (subject to change):
· Carl Sandburg College
· Compassus Hospice & Palliative Care
· Eagle View Community Health System
· Galesburg Hospitals’ Ambulance Service
· Genesis Health System
· Graham Health System
· Hinchliff-Pearson-West Funeral Directors and Cremation Services
· Legacy Estates and Courtyard Estates of Monmouth
· Marigold Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
· OSF HealthCare
· Seminary Village
· Stone-Hayes Center for Independent Living
· UnityPoint Health Peoria Hospitals
· Watson-Thomas Funeral Home & Crematory
This is the first in a series of smaller, industry-specific events to be held in place of Sandburg’s annual Career Expo. Other upcoming events include an Industrial and Skilled Trades Career Expo on April 15 and a Varied Trades Career Expo on April 23, both of which will take place at Sandburg.
For more information, contact Tracy Engstrom, coordinator of career development, at 309.341.5246 or email@example.com, or visit www.sandburg.edu/careerexpo.